For Parents and Advisors
Because of our culture and traditional education systems, a gap year is unfortunately often perceived as a wasted year and a risk for the future of young people who choose to leave the traditional, linear approach to education.
We, as parents, are afraid our children might decide not to go back to school or that they will fall behind academically and not have access to the best programs if they do decide to go back. We have the feeling that a gap year is a waste of time and money.
AND JUST SUPPOSE THAT A YEAR “OFF” WAS, IN FACT, THE BEST POSSIBLE INVESTMENT FOR YOUR CHILDREN’S FUTURE
- Nous exceptional academic results when they do decide to go back to school;
- newfound maturity and general well-being that will allow them to succeed and will make all the difference in their future choices;
- broader career prospects;
- an ability to step back from a situation, make well thought-out choices, achieve fulfillment, and live their best life with pride and confidence.
As parents, we all want our children to be happy and not make mistakes along the way. We don’t want them to be like the more than 50% of young people today who don’t know what they want to do with their lives or who make half-hearted attempts at college or a job without any real motivation.
BUT WHAT IF LETTING THEM TAKE THE TIME THEY NEED NOW WILL SAVE THEM TIME DOWN THE ROAD?
WHAT IF LETTING THEM EXPERIENCE AN EXCITING NEW ADVENTURE NOW OPENED A MULTITUDE OF POSSIBILITIES FOR THEIR FUTURE?
what if taking a break will allow being fullfilled and growing as a person?
Learn more about why the TAKE ME UP program was developed and why its founders firmly believe that many young people today will absolutely benefit from constructive time off to learn more about themselves and decide what they want out of life.
TAKE ME UP is a distinctly different gap year program, built on two key components, designed to help your children grow into well-rounded young adults:
- First, personal development opportunities and a commitment to self-discovery while at the same time learning to help others, because everyone needs to find a meaningful purpose in life;
- Second, international experience and its many benefits: seeing the world from a new perspective, becoming a global citizen, acquiring cross-cultural skills, and growing in maturity and independence.
The combination of these two elements provides the perfect foundation for personal and professional success in today’s world, whatever each individual’s own definition of success may be.
Testimonials and links presenting the benefits of taking a gap year: